Generate end-to-end tests automatically from your traces. For QA, Dev, & Ops.
Tracetest allows you to quickly build integration and end-to-end tests, powered by your OpenTelementry traces.
- Point Tracetest to your preffered trace back-end, like Jaeger or Tempo, or to the OpenTelemetry Collector directly.
- Define a triggering transaction, such as a GET against an API endpoint.
- The system runs this transaction, returning both the response data and a full trace.
- Define tests & assertions against this data, ensuring both your response and the underlying processes worked correctly, quickly, and without errors.
- Save your test.
- Run the tests either manually or via your CI build jobs.
New to trace-based testing? Read more about the concepts, here.